The Employment Change indicator is released by Statistics Canada and it shows the change in the number of employed people during the previous month. The higher the number, the better for the economy.
The most important things to take into consideration when looking at the Employment Change indicator in Canada are the following:
- release date: monthly, about 8 days after the month ends;
- release time: 12:30 GMT, during the North American trading session;
- extremely volatile release;
- traders watch this date with interest.
- actual > forecast = positive for currency;
- actual < forecast = negative for currency.