Like anything that comes from Germany, this is an important indicator for European economy and markets/currency reacts at differences between the actual vs forecast regarding to it.
The Industrial Production shows the change in total adjusted inflation value of output , produced by manufactureres, mines and utilities and it is released by Destatis.
The most important thing to take into consideration when looking at the German Industrial Production are the following:
- release date: monthly, about 16 days after the month ends;
- release time: 09:00 GMT, during the London trading session;
- first tier data;
- high volatility expected;
- actual > forecast = positive for currency;
- actual < forecast = negative for currency.